Rustboro City
Bisexual
Ranger
Verdanturf Ranger Captain
Single and Ready to Mingle
Available
170 CM height
170 CM height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,601 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elinor
Elinor Anderson
Dialogue
POSTED ON Dec 3, 2022 19:19:31 GMT
Elinor Anderson Avatar

A pile of papers had risen upon Elinor’s desk. It seemed whenever she took a day or two off, nothing got done at The League Headquarters. However, now a few hours later, she had fought her way through the pile leaving behind only a measly handful of reports to review. Though by now, she had wowed to herself that she would mention this at her direct subordinates’ next Performance Review.

Luckily, though the reports had been plentiful and the e-mail writing dull. It wasn’t unmanageable, something that could be heard through the open door as the clicking of fingers dancing over the keyboard created a strange symphony.

But at times the symphony would halt. Either because Elinor would deal with a perceived wrinkle in her grey business suit or because she needed to stretch.

But a majority of the time, when her clicking came to a halt, it would be because she would look toward the Bagon she had brought with her to the office. It was busy consuming a piece of Fruitcake that her secretary had been so kind to offer. But her eyes focused not on the consumption, but instead on bright Illumina patterns that spread over the Bagon. It added some much-needed color to the otherwise dull office that Elinor preferred to occupy whenever she was here.

OOC: MEETING TIME!
LOCATION: EVER GRANDE CITY -> THE POKEMON LEAGUE -> ELINOR'S OFFICE

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,755 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
Dialogue
POSTED ON Dec 7, 2022 0:10:37 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

DIALOGUE

MINDLESS CHATTER AND GOSSIP

ATTENTION AVERTED ELSEWHERE ALLOWS THE PING TO BLARE WITH THE MOST CHIPPER CHIME. a flashing notification joins the others at the bottom of her task bar as a new message waits in her direct messages. should she peek at the sender, the iconic symbol of the silph logo beckons for her attention.

the text preview reads:

i am in offi

opening it properly, and adding a read by receipt by proxy reveals the whole message.

i am in office. are you in?

[attr="class","spiralpee"]

close tab

played by

Senpai

Eli
She/Her
May 10
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Ranger
Available
170 CM height
170 CM height
awards
1,601 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elinor
Elinor Anderson
Dialogue
POSTED ON Dec 7, 2022 7:59:14 GMT
Elinor Anderson Avatar

Distractions came at a price. The chipperly chimed ping caused a light jump in her chair as it surprised her. Eyes quickly read the text preview, for a moment slight confusion, then she opened the message and read the whole thing.

For a moment she feared she had forgotten a scheduled meeting. But then she saw the name, and well. She certainly didn’t remember any meetings planned with .

Yes I am.

She typed the reply. For a moment she considered adding one of those emoticons to add a sense of friendliness to the message. Surely the workplace environment needed it. But she refrained, figuring Fernando Silph would not appreciate it.

With a quick click the message was sent. Leaving her wondering what he could possible want with her right now?

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,755 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
Dialogue
POSTED ON Dec 7, 2022 8:04:48 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

DIALOGUE

HIS REPLY IS ALMOST INSTANEOUS. even after he sends it, his icon hovers near the bottom of the exchange. whatever device he’s using, the conversation remains open.

sounds good. i’ll stop by soon.

what soon means is relative to the person. considering headquarters' size, he arrives relatively promptly. it only takes him around ten minutes to peer into her door way. only after his good eye slips in does he knock against the rapture.

are you free, anderson?

close tab

played by

Senpai

Eli
She/Her
May 10
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Ranger
Available
170 CM height
170 CM height
awards
1,601 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elinor
Elinor Anderson
Dialogue
POSTED ON Dec 7, 2022 8:12:04 GMT
Elinor Anderson Avatar

The reply was quick. She read it, gave herself a light nod and then returned to work, anticipating his arrival in about an hour or so. Surely, he was a busy man.

Ten minutes later, the knock and the yip from her Bagon alerted her to his presence. If surprise was a color, her face had been painted with it. The Bagon quickly calmed down when it realized it wasn't something dangerous.

He offered her a simple question. To which she offered him the simple reply of a nod and a few spoken words.

“I am. What can I do for you?”

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,755 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
Dialogue
POSTED ON Dec 7, 2022 8:22:54 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

DIALOGUE

“JUST THOUGHT I’D STOP BY IN PERSON,” he shrugs off. “we don’t get many chances to cross paths without it being a pressing event.

his eyes lie on the bagon and its ILLUMINA markings. while many boast and covet these rare specimens, their very existence is a blight on their world. for most of these pokemon surfaced from the rumored HATCHERY. and while they prove more docile to their SHADOW counterparts, their involvement in the DARKEST DAY cannot be overlooked.

why and for what purpose, the HATCHERY was raised up, still eludes him.

how are you adjusting?

close tab

played by

Senpai

Eli
She/Her
May 10
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Ranger
Available
170 CM height
170 CM height
awards
1,601 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elinor
Elinor Anderson
Dialogue
POSTED ON Dec 7, 2022 8:36:49 GMT
Elinor Anderson Avatar

He had a point. She gave him an acknowledging nod. “True, we do not.”

And yet Fernando Silph never struck her as someone to act on ‘just thought’ perhaps she had gotten the wrong impression of him or perhaps his purpose for visiting was something else, something she had to uncover.

She took a moment to consider his question. “I would like to think that I am adjusting rather well.” She looked to Fernando. “Though I will admit that might be my own bias coloring my view.”

“But as someone with more experience as a member of the council, how do you think I am doing so far?” Genuine interest in the question was evident in her voice.

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,755 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
Dialogue
POSTED ON Dec 7, 2022 23:51:36 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

DIALOGUE

“PERHAPS.”

her question tears his eye away from the ornamental sigils of her bagon. instead, it lies on her, plain and empty.

it’s too soon to tell,” is his current answer. “with METENO at the forefront of every issue, our roles have changed in accordance. how that shifts now, will speak volumes.

close tab

played by

Senpai

Eli
She/Her
May 10
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Ranger
Available
170 CM height
170 CM height
awards
1,601 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elinor
Elinor Anderson
Dialogue
POSTED ON Dec 8, 2022 8:05:17 GMT
Elinor Anderson Avatar

Too soon to tell…

The answer was none-committal. Elinor had an inclination that it would be so. But that didn’t bother her. She figured Fernando wasn’t the type to share his opinions unless it would prove most fruitful for him.

But she did latch onto one bit in his answer. Their roles had changed in accordance with Meteno. But now that Meteno was no longer a threat, or at least not immediately so, how would their roles change. “Indeed…” Half in jest she continued. “Though I do wonder about how long it’ll take before something arises to take Meteno’s spot as the latest threat to Hoenn.”

Her current bid was on a month. And she already had a few candidates lined up for the role of culprit.

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,755 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
Dialogue
POSTED ON Dec 10, 2022 4:55:59 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

DIALOGUE

“OH?”

he sounds almost surprised by her question. what was a short opening starts the segue into a deeper conversation. one that requires him to lean against her door way for support as he propositions her a derivative.

the next threat is already here. or do you disagree?

close tab

played by

Senpai

Eli
She/Her
May 10
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Ranger
Available
170 CM height
170 CM height
awards
1,601 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elinor
Elinor Anderson
Dialogue
POSTED ON Dec 10, 2022 19:00:32 GMT
Elinor Anderson Avatar

Team Rocket… He must be referring to Team Rocket…

Elinor thought.

“I do not disagree with the thought that Team Rocket is a threat, and a dangerous one at that.” Elinor began. “But they are a known threat.” That didn’t make them any less dangerous.

“Perhaps I am simply worrying too much about enemies from outside our universe…” Could Fernando blame her for worry about that, when they had proven themselves capable of binding Palkia and Dialga to their will.

She had no power that could oppose such Pokémon at her arsenal, and the thought of her enemies having that when she did not scared her more than she’d like to admit.

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,755 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
Dialogue
POSTED ON Dec 12, 2022 3:02:46 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

DIALOGUE

“NOT ROCKET.”

fernando is quick to dash her answer. his own sits, giving her the chance to clarify as she continues to talk. despite her own expectations of his priorities, they come to the subject matter when she expands on her worries.

here, they are the same.

the rifts,” he clears up.

they’re a ticking time bomb and half of hoenn intends to set them off.

close tab

played by

Senpai

Eli
She/Her
May 10
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Ranger
Available
170 CM height
170 CM height
awards
1,601 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elinor
Elinor Anderson
Dialogue
POSTED ON Dec 12, 2022 20:19:01 GMT
Elinor Anderson Avatar

Right, the rifts…

Elinor had admittedly not been too focused on those as a threat. Though she probably ought to have been. Her thoughts laid more with Sea!Hoenn and the other parties which wished to do them harm. Like dangerous Yeti’s did they lie at Hoenn’s borders waiting for the right time.

But Fernando was right. The rifts were here, and they were a problem that the citizens of Hoenn was far too willing to dive headfirst into.

“True…” She replied. “Do you have any plans in mind to prevent half of Hoenn setting them off?” She figured he wouldn’t so readily hand over his plans. But at least it’d give her a moment to think of something on her own.

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,755 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
Dialogue
POSTED ON Dec 12, 2022 21:02:11 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

DIALOGUE

HIS ANSWER IS A RESOUNDING, “NO.”

the length of their chat, which has been by no means long, is enough to persuade him to come in. without prompting, or much less permission, fernando takes a seat, leg perpendicular to the other with his hands laced against his shin.

do you?

close tab

played by

Senpai

Eli
She/Her
May 10
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Ranger
Available
170 CM height
170 CM height
awards
1,601 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elinor
Elinor Anderson
Dialogue
POSTED ON Dec 13, 2022 17:22:32 GMT
Elinor Anderson Avatar

The no came as expected. Elinor wasn’t too bothered by it.

She spent the moment to collect her thoughts, organize them as Fernando took their conversation as an invitation to take a seat, which she didn’t mind.

Done eating its fruitcake, the Bagon took the opportunity to jump down from its perch walk over to Elinor’s desk open a drawer and take out a toy Snorlax, not a noisy chewy toy, but something a kind to a teddy bear with which it would begin to play quietly behind Elinor.

Meanwhile Elinor leaned back into her as she said.

“As much as I would like to claim that I do. I don’t. The closest thing to an idea that I have would be to do an intensive advertisement campaign about the dangers of these Rifts… But that would certainly not halt those who wish to attempt to use them for their own gain.” Elinor admitted.

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]